1922 Born in Hildesheim.
1938-1941 Apprenticeship in sculpture with father. Attended school of commercial art in Hildesheim.
1946 Studied in Munich after war and captivity as POW.
1949-1951 Apprenticeship as joiner and journeyman's examination.
1951 Moved to Darmstadt.
1955 Scholarship from 'Kulturkreis im Bdl'. Member of Neue Darmstädter Sezession.
1956 Exhibition in Villa Hügel, Essen.
1962 Member of Board of Neue Darmstädter Sezession.
1967 First Chairman of Neue Darmstädter Sezession.
1979 Awarded Medal of Honor of Federal Republic of Germany.
He participated in exhibitions at home and abroad as well as individual exhibitions in various cities at home and abroad. He also made prizes and sculptures for competitions.
Sculptures in private and public ownership.